Monday, September 26, 2011

Guns that make you cringe.

We've all got a few.  You see one or hear the name and your lip curls up in disgust and you let out a little growl like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.

For me the most egregious examples of this are the 'rifle' pistols such as the AR-15 pistol and the AK pistol

 

WE HATES THEM!!!11

And now DSA, a company I happen to really like, has jumped into this bucket of fail with both feet and brought us the FAL pistol.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, why the fuck would you want that abortion?!

I can understand things like the Thompson Center Contender.  I grok it, but most of these guns are just stupid, pure and simple.  You can't do anything to make them even modestly useful without turning them into an NFA weapon, and if you can do that just pick up a fucking M-11 and be done with it.

That said, if you're dumb enough to buy it I'd be happy to sell it to you.  So "hurray!" for capitalism, even if it makes my head hurt.

Anyone else have any guns that make you go instantly 'head-desk'?

No comments: