Monday, July 4, 2011

Quote of the Day: Freedom

I thought I'd quote SayUncle for the Fourth of July:

This weekend, as you’re traveling across a state or county line to buy fireworks so you can take them home and violate local ordinances regarding setting off fireworks, keep an eye out for the occasional DWI checkpoint. Oh, and make certain to buckle up. After all, you’re celebrating your freedom.
Enjoy your day.  Enjoy what you have, because it is a lot more than others have.  Just remember that the fight for freedom never ends, and the greatest threat to our freedom isn't a bunch of goat fuckers in Afghanistan or even the nuclear physicists in Iran.  The greatest threat, or threats rather, to our freedom stride the halls of the various legislatures across our great nation.  

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good post, good quote and we DO need to remember this is INDEPENDENCE Day!

Borepatch said...

We were in Myrtle Frickin' Beach, and I lit off a bunch of fireworks (bought in Myrtle Beach) for the kids.

At the end, there was a cop there to tell me that it was illegal to do so in Myrtle Beach.

And I was launching them from the beach, aimed out over the Atlantic Ocean. Not sure what they'd burn ...

I didn't get a ticket because we were staying at a VERY expensive place. I'll bet you that if we were at one of the places on the strip, I would have been cited.

It's not just North Carolina that's turning into the Massachusetts of Dixie ...

RobertM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RobertM said...

The stupid is strong there, Borepatch.

Very true, NFO.