Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quote of the Day: Trust, But Verify

Words of wisdom from a Certified Shooting Instructor shared with us by Tom from My Gun Culture:
“Hollowpoints is a ferocious man stopper because they’s designed with sharp petals. As the bullet flies through the air, the petals come out like whirling fan blades of death over an inch wide. It flies through the air like that and tears up everything in it’s path. Ain’t no man livin’ through that.”
I generally believe that you believe what you're telling me if it's new to me information and you have a plausible claim to knowing what you're talking about.  If what you're saying make sense to me, I may even believe it's probably true.  I'm still going to check it out, or bounce it off a couple of other people who know what they're talking about.  

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

I call bollox. "Whirling fan blades of death"?

puh-lease.

WV: "whireav". Whatev to the whirking fan blades of death.

RobertM said...

Oh, its complete and total BS. JHPs are designed to expand on impact
This guy is a 'certified' instructor, though, and he said this.

My point was I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but even a so called authority can be an utter idiot so its always good to check out what people say, whoever they may be.