Sunday, May 1, 2011

Putting my tin foil hat on...

Am I the only one that thinks Pakistani Intelligence got all the use they could out of Osama and decided it was worth it to give him up for brownie points with the US?  I mean, he was in Pakistan in a military city.  He wasn't exactly the most inconspicuous of individuals.  I have no trouble seeing Pakistani Intelligence passing messages that said, in sum, "We can help you find him, but he can't be captured alive."

Yeah, I'm that cynical.  Obama certainly needs the boost to his numbers.  It would have been the smart move for Pakistan.  The costs of giving him up has to be less than the costs of being found to have been harboring him. 

Of course, this is all speculation.  I know nothing.  The title of the post clearly tells you what to expect here.

No comments: