Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On The Range #42: A Quickie

Yesterday my friend Logan came by with his latest acquisition, a Mossberg 590 12ga. shotgun.  It was very nice, though not set up in the way I'd prefer.  I like a combo shoulder stock (non collapsible) pistol grip on a tacticool shotgun.  Logan went with a folding collapsible stock with pistol grip.

We didn't do a whole lot of shooting, but I want one of these shotguns even more than I did before.

I LOVED the ghost ring sights.  I'd read somewhere around the blogs that ghost rings sights on a shotgun where something that would get you killed, that adding anything but a bead sight in those situations where you would use a shotgun would add confusion when trying to aim.  This is not the case.  You throw the gun up to your shoulder and there is a big blade front sight right there in front of you (the back side of the thick blade is bright orange).  It's only when you take the time to concentrate that you realize you're seeing this through the rear sight ring.

Great gun, and I can't wait until I can pick up one of my own.

No comments: