Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Impulse control.

I've never been very good at controlling my spendy impulse.  I like things.  Guns, gadgets, ammo, clothing, FOOD!!!11, cigars, alcohol, etc.

Well, damn it, I'm broke.  I've been broke for as long as I can remember and I'm sick of it.  I want to get unbroke.  I've said that plenty of times before and pissed away the opportunities I've had to unfuck myself financially.

I'm working on stopping that now.  One day at time.  Today is day four of not doing anything stupid.

I've got a stack of books that need reading.  I've got plenty of food until next paycheck.  And I've got a bit of cash for this and that during the work week.

There are big things I want to do this year.  I wanted to do them last year and failed.  I'm ashamed of that because I've no one to blame but myself.  I am going to do them this year.  I will have a new vehicle, I will buy at least an AR carbine and a 1911 for 2011.

This is not a New Year's resolution.  I don't do those.  This is getting my act together so that I can do the things I want to do.  This is putting long term goals ahead of short term goals.  This is being a responsible adult.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

Rose Thorne said...

I know what you mean about getting your shit together... I am tired of being broke all the time myself...