Friday, December 31, 2010

Year End Retrospective.

2010 sucked.

I've spent the vast majority of the year in the red in every single category.  I dumped my savings, tax return, and what credit I had left into getting my car fixed twice because the first person I took it to was moron.  A week after my car was fixed I got laid off from a job I really liked.  I found another quickly, and it pays more and has benefits, but I went five weeks with no income and no savings.  I'm just now getting back on top of things after nine months.

My romantic life went, well, nowhere.  Probably my fault more than anything.  Was very, very tempted by someone I cared a great deal about, but I just didn't have the time to really get to know what being with her would be like.  She wanted too much to fast and it ended badly.  I regret that, but I don't see how it could have ended differently.  Every other attempt at dating or a relationship has ended in abject failure.  I take full responsibility for that.  I'm bitter and mean, and that's not something anyone deserves to deal with.

I met not a single one of my goals that I'm aware of.  I was hoping to be in a new (to me) vehicle about this time.  That didn't happen.  I was hoping to be most of the way out of debt.  That didn't happen.  I hoped to meet someone that made my heart stir.  That sorta happened, but I fucked that up too.

It wasn't all bad though.  While I had to let a lot of my guns go I was able to pick up a cheap 1911 pistol that I really like.  I've been spending a lot of time on the range.  Not as much as I'd like, but more than I every have before.  I'm seeing definite improvement in my shooting.

I worked today, and I'll work tomorrow.  My feet hurt, and I'm tired.  I'm going to have a few drinks, eat some wings, and go to bed.

See ya next year.

No comments: