Monday, December 6, 2010

Why you should carry in your home.

Home invasions happen quickly, and you probably won't have time to retrieve a gun, especially one that it unloaded and locked up.

Two men initially forced their way inside the residence in the 1800 block of River Road, which is west of Helena near the Bibb County line, according to the sheriff's office. Then two more men entered and began looking for items, authorities said. Cash, three guns and a TV were taken. The incident was reported at 5:30 p.m. The married couple, whose names were not released, suffered minor injuries.
Read the comments.  These people lived in a rural area, not in some ghetto in the city.  They owned firearms, but obviously didn't have them to hand.

I admit I don't always have my gun on me when I'm at home, but I do always have one within reach.  And I've always got one in hand when answering the door when I'm not expecting visitors.

1 comment:

Newbius said...

If I am awake, the gun is either on my belt, or within 2' of my keyboard. Night-time has more than one within arm's reach in the dark at all times.

If the SHTF, then I guess I have to fight my way down to the basement... ;)