Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shootrite.

I've been whipsawing back and forth about whether or not I think I'll be able to take a course a Shootrite Firearms Academy.  I've decided at this point I'm going to go for the 1 Day Basic Handgun if there is room in the class for me.  It's a $200 class, and I think the ammo will only run me another $110.

It'll suck, but I can make the four hour round trip the day of the class.  It'll be no worse than going to Six Flags in Atlanta for a day.

I have my concerns about whether or not I should take my car on such a long trip.  I still worry about it and don't entirely trust it.  I wouldn't want to get stranded, but what's life without risk?  I'll be sure to change the oil, give it a good once over, and hopefully put a couple of new tires on it before I go. 

Being pessimisstic fuel will cost me between $60 and $70 for the whole trip.  Throw in another $30 to $40 for food and drinks and we'll call it $120 for random expenses.

I'll use a vacation day so I'm not losing too much money being away from work. 

$430

I should be able to swing that.

No comments: