Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Goodbye glasses.

I went to the eye doctor today to get an exam and order some contact lenses.  I've been  using my glasses since before I was laid off from my prior job, and they're an old prescription to boot.  The good doc said my eyes have gotten a little worse since the last time I was in there but that that's normal and it should be steadying out soon.  He said I'm a little young for lasik, but that it's something I could look into in the next couple of years. 

One of the best parts of going to the eye doctor for contacts is free samples.  The doc gave me a pair to try out, and they should easily last until my order comes in. 

And just for the record, I use the WalMart Vision Center.  I have vision insurance but it turns out that it sucks ass and isn't worth having so I just paid the cash since it was easier.  If I'd used my insurance I would have had to drive across town to a doctor for an exam and then went to a different place to order glasses or contacts.  Fuck that noise. 

I wonder if I could have done that in Britain?

No comments: