Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On The Range #26: Winchester 230gr. testing and Dot Torture

I finally managed to pick up a box of Winchester 230 gr. JHP yesterday. Shooting today I found that they reliably fed in my RIA Tactical and group as well as target ammo. This will be my carry ammo from now until I find something better, and I'm in no hurry to find something new.

I only purchased one fifty round box, and since twenty five rounds is what I carry about with me only half the box was available for testing. I shot a variety of drills and performed as I expected.

After shooting the 25 JHPs I switched to Federal FMJ and shot Dot Torture. I'm still not there yet, but I scored my second highest so far with this pistol, 35/50. My highest score has been 40/50, which I hope to beat soon.

I'm still really enjoying my new carry gun, and I've been very pleased with it so far. I still need to pick up another holster or two for it, and then do some formal training with it but so far no real complaints.

I will say the ambi safety sometimes gets annoying but I'd rather have it than not.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: