Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On The Range #25: Press outs and Dot Torture.

It's been almost three weeks since the last time I went shooting, and it showed today. 

Another blogger mentioned press-outs recently.  I was familiar with the term but not any particular training regimen.  Following her links I decided it was something I should work on myself.  I did a fair amount of dry firing, then headed outside for some live fire exercises.  I shot 25 rounds worth of press-outs.  I think it is a good exercise and one I need to do more of, especially when I am dry firing. 

I did another 25 rounds of various drills before moving on to Dot Torture.  Today was one of my worst days for Dot Torture.  I scored 29 out of 50.  I'm not really sure why I did so badly.  I think I must have been rushing it, but even when I slowed down I seemed to shoot more poorly than usual.

I'm also out of .45 ACP ammo except for the 25 rounds I keep loaded up for carry.  I'm going to have to purchase more at the first opportunity.  I want to keep to a regimen of at least 50 rounds a week.  That's not a lot, but if I could afford to shoot more I would.  A .22 trainer would seem to be a good idea, but at present is not in the budget.

No comments: