Tuesday, August 17, 2010

On The Range #22: Dot Torture

This morning I decided to do some Dot Torture with my RIA 1911.  I followed the instructions from Pistol-Training.com and did the drill at 3 yards.  I did better than I ever have before, but still not perfect. 


I scored 42 out of 50.  Given, this is at three yards with a GI 1911 but it's still tough.  Hopefully I can quickly get a perfect score.  When I do I'll push out to seven yards.  When I'm shooting it perfect then, ten yards.  At that point I might start putting time limits on myself.  We'll see when I get there.


I'm really enjoying shooting and carrying the RIA.  I shot fifty rounds of Winchester ball ammo doing Dot Torture, and I had one failure to feed.  It was the last round in the Novak magazine.  I'm thinking magazine, not gun, but we'll see as time goes on.

Assuming I keep it, that is.  I may trade it toward a new pistol.  The RIA I looked at with the beavertail grip safety and good sights is tempting at the price it's being offered.  Throw in some good magazines and grips and it could be a nice carry gun.

No comments: