Sunday, August 8, 2010

On The Range #20: El Presidente and Dot Torture

Last week my range time was taken up by trying the El Presidente drill for the first time, and then Dot Torture.

According to Pistol-Training.com, "The classic standard was to perform the drill in under ten seconds with all A-zone hits. Any run with less than 12 A-zone hits was a failure."  Well, I failed.  I did the drill twice, first with a time of 15.26 seconds with half my shots in the A-zone, and then with a time of 24.28 seconds with 8 hits in the A-zone. 

I set up my targets a little farther apart from each other than is called for and did my shooting at ten yards rather than 10 meters.







Dot Torture just proves to me that I have terrible trigger control.  I did the drill at seven yards and my results were pathetic.  I'm going to move into 3 yards and master it from there.  Seven yards was getting ahead of myself and I should have known it. 


No comments: