Thursday, April 22, 2010

This:

How come when you attend a high-level handgun course, half everybody is using full-size pistols in offset holsters with double and triple mag carriers, but when they leave, all that crap goes back in the range bag and they revert to a Kel-Tec in the pocket of their khakis or a J-frame in their purse?


Turned into a rather good and funny ongoing conversation in the comments section.

Sadly, my gun school cash fund has been extremely limited so I've only taken an NRA course that was very very very very basic. More good information than anything, but anyway...

I do a lot of training on my own improvised range at home. I use what I carry, and where what ever I was going to wear that day. Certainly adds a bit of challenge on the draw if nothing else.

As for carbine training...well...I'm not going to lie, I like to get tacticooled up from time to time, but I do more shooting just running around in jeans and t-shirts.

No comments: