Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If it weren't for bad luck...

It seems my automobile challenges aren't quite finished.

I've been without my car for some time now while I've been having the head gasket replaced. I've got near a thousand dollars tied up in it, after spending a thousand to attempt to get it fixed once before.

After having the heads machined the mechanic doing the work got it all put back together today. It was running fine, but that lasted only a brief time before it dropped a valve.

Considering the number of miles on it, and how much money I already have tied up in it, the mechanic suggested just replacing the one valve rather than having the heads completely reworked (probably another $250 to $300 that I don't have). I don't know how much replacing the one valve will be, but hopefully not too much.

Maybe this will be the end. One way or another it will have to be. I just don't have any more money to put into it.

On top of additional labor cost I doubt I'm going to have all of the money my mechanic is going to be owed. Maybe he'll let me pay the majority and float the rest for a week, or maybe he'll want to keep my car until I have it all. I don't know.

This is a very frustrating situation. I'm out of time, out of money, and I'm not really sure what options I have left. I don't like this.

Worse comes to worse and I may be selling all my guns in order to get a down payment on another car, which will of course come with an interest rate that is outrageous. That of course will mean my debt will increase rather than decrease, and it will be that much longer before I can do anything about it.

I'll survive. I always do. Damn if I know exactly how I will survive, or what standard of living I'm going to have accept to do it, but I will.

No comments: