Friday, March 26, 2010

Fobus: reputation isn't everything.

On March third I placed an order for a new holster from Fobus. I had it shipped via USPS because its cheaper and not significantly slower than any other service in my experience.

By the seventeenth I still has not received my holster. I checked the status of my order on their website and found that it was 'Pending Fulfillment.' I hit the 'contact support' link on my account page and asked for an explanation. I got a confirmation email that said:

Thank you for contacting First Samco Inc.[Fobus' parent company] Customer Support.

Your request for assistance has been received. Case #********** - "Order #********" has been created for you. A member of our customer care team will respond to your case as soon as possible.


As of today I've heard nothing from them. I sent them another message, this one demanding that they ship the holster and provide me with tracking information or refund my money. I got the same confirmation email that they received the message, and then I went to the main Fobus website and sent another message with the order number asking for an explanation.

Hopefully I'll hear something soon. If not I'll trying calling the number on the Fobus website. If that doesn't get me anywhere I'm going to see what I can do to get my bank involved.

This has really pissed me off, and I'm disappointed that a company with such a great customer service reputation has left me hanging like this. I guess it just goes to show you that reputation isn't everything.

*Edited to add that after digging a little deeper it doesn't look like they charged my debit card, or that the charged was credited to my account. I know shortly after placing the order I checked and had been charged, so this is new. Now I realize that my demand for a refund was a little out of order, but I damn sure would like to know what is happening, especially since my recent financial situation (massive car repairs) have left my account in such a state that if they do ship the damned thing and charge my debit card I'll have to pay a damned fee because I don't have enough cash in my account to cover it. I'm already paying one damned fee because I had to use my overdraft privilege to cover the last bit of my car repairs. Damn it.

No comments: