Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Looking up.

So, after the doom and gloom yesterday with my car issues things are starting to look up.

First, I sold a gun today. It was a 6" Rossi .357 Magnum that I inherited from my grandfather. They gave me more for it than I expected, so I was happy. However, the offer for my Kimber Ultra Raptor was hundreds of dollars less than I was willing to consider so I did not sell it as I was planning.

Knowing that I'm in a tight spot my friend that I worked with lent me his car. He drives the work van to and from work and he and his wife have two vehicles so it's not his primary anyway. I'm going to have it through the week, at the least.

I swung by WalMart to pick up dog food and a few groceries for myself and decided to go ahead and pick up a copy of TurboTax to do my taxes. It's the same price as getting my taxes prepared professionally, and mine aren't complicated anyway.

I just finished my federal and state returns. I was very, very pleasantly surprised to find out that I will be getting a substantial federal return, more than enough to pay for the repairs on my car, and that I'm even getting a few dollars back from the state. I've always had to pay state taxes in the past, so this is good.

I'm guessing that my withholding must have been changed. Probably just an oversight by my boss. No big deal. I didn't even realize it, and it's going to help out in a real big way.

No comments: