Monday, February 22, 2010

I need $1,000. No, really.

My car needs damn near a thousand dollars worth of work. Yes, that's a 1 followed by three zeros.

I've had some serious issues with over heating the last week or so. The result is being that I have to stop the car and let the engine cool every few miles. It royally sucks, and I am extremely lucky that work is only about 12 miles away.

I am also extremely lucky that the weather has been chilly. I actually wish it was just a bit colder, but I'll take whatever luck I can get at the moment.

I managed to get it into a mechanic today and the diagnosis is that I have a bad intake gasket that is leaking badly. It is apparently a common problem with the newer (2000-Now) Chevy Impalas.

I don't have the money to get it fixed right away. The mechanic's advice was to take it home and park it until I do. But I can't do that either. I have to be able to get to work, and I don't have another way of doing that.

I'm probably going to be parting with one of my guns. It's funny who things like this seem to happen almost as soon as I buy a new one.

Anyway, I'm selling some gun stuff on eBay:

Ruger Mini-14 Scope Rings

Galco Concealable belt holster for 3" 1911

Vertical Fore-grip

And some adult DVDs.

No comments: