Monday, January 4, 2010

Worst. Day. EVER.

Today has sucked. I'm trying to look at things positively. Sure, they could be worse. Sure, I could be dying of cancer. But I'm not. I'm just here, living this life and I feel like complaining because it's the only thing I can do at the moment.

Today started around 2:30 AM for me. I woke up an couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour, and then I started checking out blogs on my iPhone. Around four I got up and started a pot of coffee.

I had coffee, and then a breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast. Breakfast was good. While I knew I would be tired I thought that it might be an okay day, all in all.

Boy was I wrong.

The first job today was easy, and continue me thinking things were going to be okay. Then I found out another job we're working on has gone through a series of changes that mean we basically have to do it all over again. Well...not all...just the most tedious parts. I spent the better half of my day tangled in CAT V. Unfun.

I arrived home ready to relax and have some left over hamburger helper for dinner. After unlocking the padlock and entering the interior of my drafty trailer I noticed a sickly sweet smell. It took me a few moments to discover exactly what it was.

Turns out I left the coffee maker on all day. That means I have a nice layer of sludge in the bottom that has to be cleaned out. Went to do that and disovered that at some point between my leaving home this morning and arriving back this afternoon that my water pipes had frozen!

Did I mention I live in a drafty old trailer? I'd left one of my space heaters going (since I have neither central heat or air) but it wasn't good enough.

Thank you global warming! Thank you!

My pipes were frozen and there was not a damn thing I can do about since the temperature outside was 25 degrees F and falling when I arrived home. Shit. There is noway for me to heat up the pipes since they are practically outside and exposed to the weather. I've got them packed in insulation but they are metal and just even their proximity to the hot water heater does me not good. Damn it all. FUCK!

So my bath tonight is care of a gallon of distilled water and my range. Not pleasant.

I've sequestered myself in my bedroom at this point since the living room is too cold to stand.

I survived last winter. I'll survive this one.

Let's hope I don't end up with a busted pipe. Of couse, that's assuming it warms up enough tomorrow for the pipes to thaw. High of 35. I think I'm fucked.

Oh, and I'm also broke...completely my fault. Shouldn't have paid a $25 cover to get into a bar New Year's Eve. Aside from the company, it sucked.

Saturday the girl I'm dating spent the night. Nothing happened, because soon after she initiated the action she put a stop to it. She even had the grace to say she felt bad and wanted to know if I was mad.

Mad? Why? This raging case of blue balls? That's nothing to worry about! The utter disappointment after being told for weeks how I wouldn't be getting any sleep because we'd be too busy when she finally stayed the night? Not a problem!

I told her I didn't want to talk about it as she went on about how bad she felt and wanting to know if I was mad. I went to sleep. Actually slept pretty well. Wish I'd have woke up alone, though. She's a frickin' moron anyway.

Okay, enough pity trip, bitch and moan. I'm tired, cold, in need of a hot shower, and a hotter piece of ass to keep me company and there is not a damned thing I can to improve the situation.

No comments: