Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fuck Haiti.

There. I said it.

The more that die the less tax dollars that will need to be spent on the next relief effort. And there will be a next one, and a next one, and a next one. What will we get out of 'helping' Haiti? Not a damned thing, except more people who will expect and demand out help next time.

Let them learn to help themselves, or you can damned well be sure you'll always be helping them.

Does the situation there suck?

Sure as fuck does. So did all the bad earthquakes in California when I was a kid, but we dealt with them. So did 9/11. So did Katrina (and Ivan and Andrew etc.).

Life sucks sometimes. You've got to deal with it or you die. Plain and simple.

Don't take this wrong. As an individual do whatever the hell you want so long is it doesn't hurt someone else. But don't use MY tax dollars to help a bunch of people who have not managed to take care of themselves even before disaster struck. There's plenty that needs to be done right here in this superpower on the donkey ride to third world status.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Amen!

Ave said...

You had me at "Fuck Haiti! There. I said it."

I LOL'd the first time I read it last month, and I just LOL'd again.