Friday, July 24, 2009

Totally Oblivious

So, me and a friend were coming out of a Best Buy and there were two Hoover, AL Police SUVs parked outside. As we walked past one we noticed that the front right tire was flat, and I mean completely flat like someone had slashed it.



I couldn't resist taking a quick picture. The funniest part about the whole thing is that when two police officers came out with a shoplifting suspect they put him in the back of the SUV with the flat tire! My friend and I realized that neither of them realized the tire was flat.

So...

We watched, and waited. One of the PO went back into the Best Buy and then the other got in the flat tire SUV and was about to drive off. She got distracted a couple of time, but then was finally going to drive off. I know it's terrible, but we were waiting to laugh our asses off.

Unfortunately, a good samaritan came along and ruined the comedy that was about to take place. The police officer got out and examined her tire, and then we decided it was time to go. As we left, we saw the other officer come out and help her get the SUV ready to put the spare on.

Even though she didn't drive off on it, I realized she would have if someone hadn't told her. It cracks me up that TWO police officers walked around that damned flat tire for about ten minutes without noticing it.

You would think a couple of police officers wouldn't be quite that oblivious, but I guess I can give them a pass considering what they were dealing with. Then again, it brings to home a lesson I try to incorporate in my own training: Don't get so caught up in what's right in front of you that you miss danger or problems in other areas. Beware of tunnel vision.

No comments: