Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wow...just wow

I've had a pretty terrible day. A simple busted water pipe has turned into a nightmare that I really can't afford, but must. I got screamed at by a friend because I didn't scrape my dinner plate fast enough (in her defense she lives with people who say, "Yeah, that's mine. I'll take care of it," then ignore her). There's plenty more to both stories, but after taking a bath in a cooking pot I just want to get some sleep.

I've got to work tomorrow then I've got a four day weekend. Hopefully I can get in Lowe's tomorrow and get what I need to fix this damned pipe. I'm going to try and do it correctly since my two attempts to fix it back to the way it was have failed misreably.

At least I know that I'd much rather be an electrician than a plumber.

And Merry Christmas...I'm not Christian, but I don't celebrate it as a religious holiday anyway. I think of it as more of a birthday for everyone on the same day.

3 comments:

Ave said...

Hey, I'm with you. I love Christmas because of (some of) what it stands for. Courtesy and giving, that sort of thing. I have some harsh theologies, but I'm still a squooshy teddy bear inside who's a sucker for old-fashioned values.

Ave said...

Oh, and I meant to ask: are you buying a home? I thought you were in an apartment, but maybe I missed something. I seem to have a vague memory that you moved into your grandfather's home at one point. Can you set me straight?

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I moved into my grandfather's old home...which is a single wide, very old, trailer. It's not terrible, but it does kind of suck. I miss my last single apartment (the one I lived in by myself) but it was too far away from everything anyway.