Friday, June 9, 2006

Nerves

I am feeling really, extremely, nervous right now.  I mentioned that I am driving to Georgia to pick up a friend of mine next week for a couple of days.  Well, plans have changed a little bit.  We're both sick of waiting so I am going to pick her up Sunday instead of Tuesday.  So she'll be here for five days.  This is a good thing.

So why am I so fucking nervous?  I don't really know.  I guess that it is just going to be kind of weird.  I'm such a solitary person.  But it shouldn't matter.  This is someone I've known for longer than I've had this journal.  I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm really excited.  But I'm nervous. 

I have worries, and I know she does too.  But I think it will be okay.  I just need to chill.  On top of this trip, something absolutely insane happened Wednesday night.

My brother, Ryan, who is visiting from California, was shot.  I'm not kidding.  One bullet skimmed across his back (under the skin, but missing spine and vital organs) and another went through his leg, breaking the bone.  Apparently he was with my other brother Daniel driving around.  Daniel had gone to meet one of his friends who had been beaten up the night before.  They met him at WalMart (but not the one I work at), and apparently so did some people who didn't like them.  My brother said they got out of there, but that they were chased and shot at. 

Why they didn't go directly to the police at this point I can't fathom, but they lost the cars chasing them and pulled over.  They all got out of their cars and my brother said he told his friend he was getting out of there.  Right then two cars came creeping by and started unloading.  My brother Ryan, being the stupid, overly brave seventeen year old he his ran at one of the cars with a baseball bat and was hit twice.  Someone else was hit one in the stomach. 

I got the call and rushed to the hospital.  They're both going to be fine, but my brother needs a lot of work on his leg.  He'll get that in the morning.  I didn't go to work tonight, because frankly I needed to have a drink or too.  I lied to my boss and said I had to go to the hospital, but that fucker has lied to me too, so turn around is fair play.  I can't even use my sick time without a doctor's note, and I can't afford doctors, so fuck them twice over.  I don't like my work, as you can see.  Should have joined the army.

Anyway, all of this has me a little on edge.  I'm hoping that my friend being here is going to help me relax.  It's going to be tough for both of us when she has to leave, but she is going to have too.  We both have too much to do.  She's got plans and she needs to go home and reach her goals first. 

Still, it's going to be nice for both of us.  We both need someone we can trust and be close to, even if it's for only a little while.  I'm really looking forward to it.  But that doesn't mean I'm not nervous, because I am very nervous.  This is going to be a first for me.

Oh, they caught the guys who shot my brother.  A couple of guys who were carrying stolen guns (of course).  They're both on parole and have numerous youthful and adult convictions.  Fucking figures. 

Here's a note to parent's:  If you fuck-up, adult child is going to live at home keep your fucking gun put up and out of they're reach, cause otherwise you're enabling a known criminal. 

Well, as with all rights, there are those who are going to abuse them.  Fucking idiots are lucky someone who knew what they were doing was there.  The only reason they didn't hit more people was that the fucking morons were holding their guns sideways like some gansta-gansta in a movie. 

And answer me this, why would you shoot at a bunch of people who know who you are?  It's not like the cops are not going to find you.  Or, as in this particular case, one of your friends who is going to spill his guts for every bit of leniency he can get? 

To all criminals:  Please, don't stop being stupid. 

2 comments:

all4eyez said...

oMGosh!!!!
firstly , glad to hear your brothers are both okay.
that is just so whack!
i cant believe it!

secondly
i think its a great idea to get together with your friend
that sounds like it will be a lot of fun
try not to worry too much - just have a good time
:)

thirdly - im my opinion
not too many people that would shoot someone in the first place ,
would have enough sense to not shoot at someone or anyone
what is this , a MOVIE????
just how old were these rejects?

jhileb said...

amazing...... i have a buddy in alabama who's son attends school at u of a, was shot walking out of a club by some lunatic, who was pissed at the bouncer because he wouldn't let the shooter in because of his clothes.  luckily no one was killed...but the bouncer and a few bystanders in the wrong place at the wrong time all got shot, including my friend's son.  they caught the idiot shooter.  i'm always amazed at the stupidity of some people in this world.  like a bunch of wild animals, but worse.

glad your brother going to be okay, what a nightmare for him.

j.h.