Thursday, June 8, 2006

Midnight Mayhem

I just finished watching Firewall.  While it isn't the best movie, it is worth renting.  It is definitely a thriller that keeps you guessing.  I really like Harrison Ford's character.  He's the type of person who won't give up and give in.  I also recently watched Underworld:  Evolution.  It's the sequel to Underworld, which is a vampire vs. werewolves movie.  This one picks up where the other left off, and it is also very good if you're into that type of thing.  I really liked the first and I'm impressed with the sequel.

I slept all day yesterday because I was on the phone all night with a friend of mine. She's from Pennsylvania but is visiting her aunt in Georgia for a couple of weeks.  We've been trying to get together for a while now, so next Tuesday I am going to make the three hour drive to pick her up.  She's going to stay with me a couple of nights and then I'll take her back to her aunt's sometime Thursday.  We're both really excited and sick of waiting, but it's only a couple of more days. 

Hopefully we'll have a lot of fun.  We'll probably go out, play some pool, rent some movies, hang out by the pool here, etc.  It'll be a nice change from the typical monotony around here.  It's sucks that she'll only be able to stay such a short time, but it's better than nothing.  This is the best opportunity we've had in a while since she lives so far away.

July Fourth I start my vacation.  The Fourth is on a Tuesday, and so I am already off.  I'll have my normal weekend, then five days off, then my normal weekend again for a total of nine days away from work.  It's going to be sweet.  I don't really have any plans.  If I can work some more over-time I might go to Mississippi for a couple of days to hit the poker tables again.  I might also hang out with a friend of mine who will probably be needing someone she can count on soon.  Tough times for her.  It really sucks.

Anyway, that's about it.  Oh, except I ate one of those monster thick burgers from Hardee's a few hours ago and I still feel stuffed.  Those things are good. 

No comments: