Thursday, June 1, 2006

A Couple of Movies

Okay, I watched a couple of movies that I rented last night and I'd now like to render my opinions.

Freedomland was a pretty good movie.  I've seen better, but the acting was superb, in my opinion.  It's rare that we get to see Sam Jackson in a truly serious role where he shines instead of just being the type-cast wise ass black dude.  Here he actually seemed like a real human being.  He wasn't Shaft, he was just a man.  Julianne Moore did a good job of playing mentally unstable fruit bat as well.  I recommend it for a slow night, but be warned that your attention may drift at times.

Match Point is by far one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.  It is indeed better to be lucky than good, as this movie proves time and again.  I might just have to buy this one.  The acting was good great, and the scenery was a nice change (I admit I like London over New York or L.A. any day).  Everyone should see this, as it's worth a week night on the couch.

And that, as they say, is how the cookie crumbles.

No comments: