Sunday, January 8, 2006

Murphy's Law...again...

I talked to John and Jennifer when they came by to give me the tools I had lent them last week.  And the subject of Stephanie came up...and well, you see the title of the song.  I didn't want things to go this way.

She's mad that I can't just be happy for her.  I'm happy for her.  I'm just not happy about it.  There's a distinction there that she doesn't seem to get.  Maybe I'm splitting thin hairs, I don't know.  It doesn't matter.  Either we'll be okay one day, or we won't.  I didn't want this to happen, and I tried to prevent it.

I'm sorry if I hurt her.  I never wanted that.  But I won't pretend to like her boyfriend, and I won't pretend to be happy when she's with that traitor and not me.  I love her.  I'm glad she's found happiness.  But I need to find it too.  And I can't find it with her, much as I want to. 

So there you have it.  She fucking hates me.

1 comment:

autumnsavril said...

She wants you to be happy for her at the expense of your own happiness, which in my book is not kosher.

Just because you're happy for her doesn't mean you aren't going through pain about it.

Geeeeeeeeeeeesh.

By the way, I loooooooove that song, I was jamming to it on my way to work last night . . . er, both times.  That's a story to be saved for my journal, once I've gotten some sleep and some time off.  Comment my journal in a couple of days and remind me to tell you all about it.

Avril