Thursday, December 15, 2005

Oh, and another thing that pisses me off...

Apparently I weirded out Stephanie's friend Leslie.  The following is the sum total of our contact, all via Facebook messages:

Me:  "Hello. We don't know each other, but Stephanie talks about you alot, so why don't we change that?"

Me, after getting no response for a few weeks (I'd forgotten about it until Stephanie asked me if Leslie ever wrote me back even thought I hadn't told Stephanie about it...obviously Leslie got my message):  "You know...You can say hello. I promise it won't hurt. But, hey, I'm a tough guy. I can handle being ignored. Sorry I bothered you in the first place."

Finally, Leslie:  "I didn't mean to ignore you. I meant to write you back, but I haven't been online nearly as much lately because I have had a lot of work from class (which i am not used to having to do any book work) and it seems like I am never home lately. You didn't bother me it was my fault for not remembering to write you back."

Me:  "I was wondering what it was. I'm glad you finally got a chance to say hello. I know what you mean about being busy. I both work and go to school full time, so I barely have time to sleep as it is. Anyway, if you want, send me a message on AIM sometime. My screen name's Rampage841512."

I am such a weirdo.  What's wrong with me?  Sure.  Right.  Whatever.  That's what I get for trying to be nice to an overweight, neurotic head case.  I'm getting so close...so close...to no more Mr. Nice Guy.

I mean, I can talk to a random girl in class and have her phone number and email address in under five minutes, and I generally become friends with them...it's becoming anything more that I have trouble with.  But I try befriending one of Stephanie's friends who from all accounts could use another friend and suddenly I'm labeled the weirdo.  I know I'm weird...but come on...who is really normal out there?  I mean, this is a girl who is going to school to become a pastry chef! 

I guess it just bothers me so much because once again I was trying to be a nice guy and I got burned.  It's fucking bullshit and I'm frankly sick of it.  Fucking bitch.

5 comments:

autumnsavril said...

Wow.  "Fucking bitch."  Dem's some strong words right dere, cowboy.  Dem's even fightin' words.

lol

Seriously, let her think you're weird.  You are weird.  I am weird.  And you're unique.  Just like everyone else.  Including her.  Way too many short sentences here.

lol

Wow, I need a nap.

Ave

autumnsavril said...

Hey, by the way, are you ever going to mention what happened with that one chick in Wal-Mart?  The one with whom you were trying to make funny conversation and she got upset?  That girl?

If you don't think you'll ever be ready to mention it, that's okay too.

Just curious.  Okay, very curious.

Avril

autumnsavril said...

Oh yeah, one more thing . . . lol, I know, third comment in two minutes, right?

Inside Out is a completely uber-cool song!!!

Ave

rampage841512 said...

Fighting words, huh?  You're probably right, but I'm sick of shit like this.  I've let too much go to many times because I'm trying to be the better person.  I'm not anymore.  Someone wants to provoke me?  I'll do what I did in high school and leave them in tears with words or worse, if it comes to it.  I'm sick of playing nice to people who just don't deserve it.  To hell with walking away.  I think it's time I started to stand and fight in whatever way I think is best.

autumnsavril said...

You seem to be in a really bad mood lately.  Which is understandable considering.  People are worth giving a chance, most of the time.  I give it a month or two before you're back to being your REAL self, which is the nice Robert I know.

Because you rock like that.

Avril