Friday, December 23, 2005

Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Kind of defines my life these last four months, doesn't it?

Anyway, I came home this morning hoping to sleep all day, since I was exhausted.  I went to sleep by eight.  I didn't even take the time to shower first, I just passed out on my couch.  A little after eleven John called me because he needed a ride home from work because the place closed early.  So I went and got him.  It sucked, but I figured on still getting plenty of sleep.

I was down again by one, and at two-thirty Movie Gallery called me so an automated message could tell me my movies are over due.  No shit.  I knew that.  I went back to sleep, and an hour later Jennifer was knocking on my door.  I have not been back to sleep since. 

I went and got some more Chinese food.  I seem to always crave it two days running and then I don't want it again for a while.  I've been reading some, and I'm thinking of crashing for a little while before getting up for a shower and what not. 

At least I only have to work tonight and then I'm off for Christmas Eve.  That will be nice, but I don't really know what I'm doing.  I'll probably end up sitting at home alone.  But I've got plans for New Years.  John and Jennifer are hosting the annual party.  They are moving in with Jennifer's mom, so it's going to be there.  Hopefully, I'll enjoy it.  I'm going to try and get someone to go with me though. 

You know, I realize that I've been in a real bad mood since August, and it's not getting any better.  I've got to do something to change that.  I need to be able to get out and have some fun.  But I can't do that with my current work schedule.  I'm going to have to talk to my boss about that.  Sitting at home by myself is really starting to get old.  I need a life outside of work and home. 

1 comment:

jhileb said...

yes, good idea especially someone like yourself with work, school, etc.  you don't want to burn out.  take it from me an ex-workaholic.

i recently have cut back my 60-70 hour a week work schedule...and i've never felt better.  i'm doing closer to 40 now, and i feel much calmer and leveled than i have in years.  of course i had an easy time...my boss has been begging me to hire an assistant to help with all the paperwork and i finally gave in.  it was the best thing i have ever done.  i was holding on too tightly and didn't realize how much i wasn't getting done, because the workload was just too great.  now i get more done in less time without having to deal with all that paperwork and headaches and even more time to spend on other critical areas like actual purchasing...which is what i do, lol!

so yeah see if you can juggle your schedule around or even cutback a few hours if you can afford it?  whatever it takes to get you some free time to spend with your friends, and chase chicks who won't like jeremy.:)

j.h.