Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Found one I like...

I finally found the tattoo I want.  It was right in front of me, so to speak, the entire time.  It has some meaning to me, and I like the way it looks.  Placement is really the only issue right now.  That, and how much it is going to cost me.  I'm thinking my upper arm, something that would be covered by short sleeves.  Anyway, I'm sure you're wonder what it is by now, so I'll tell you. 

I'm getting my name in Elvish.  See it here (just scroll down a little until you come to my name, it was one of the examples):  Write Your Name in Elvish in Ten Minutes

3 comments:

all4eyez said...

Hey , I really like that!
Way cool idea
:)

autumnsavril said...

Damn you.  I clicked on the link and spent most of today on that and another site trying to learn the elvish alphabet.

ARGH at you!

I like learning new alphabets.  I can recite Spanish and French, and I can write the Theban from memory . . .

And am now on my way to writing the Elvish from memory too.

But I do like it.  It looks nice.  My name doesn't look quite so nice.  Well, I dunno about "Avril," but I tried my first name and my full first name, which you should know from e-mail.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

I kind of did the same thing.  Something else I was thinking of is that the I might want to do a translation of my name too.  The meaning of "Robert" is 'bright fame.'  In Elvish, that would be Calminaion (Kahl-minn-eye-on) which can be lit. translated to "bright distinction."  I might do both, maybe one on each arm kind of like the guy has on the website.  I think that would be cool.