Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving dinner at John and Jennifer's, which was technically last night, was nice.  It was a little subdued though.  It seemed like it was a little easier being around Stephanie and Jeremy, but that may have been only because they were not there for too long.  Jeremy had to go to work and Stephanie left when he did. 

Jennifer and Jeremy's dad is dying.  He has been for a long time.  He has liver cancer.  He's gone down hill in the past couple of months though, and he is basically on his death bed.  He may not make it through the night, or he may live for another couple of weeks. 

Oddly enough, even though they've never had the best relationship, Jeremy is taking it the hardest.  I can't say I feel any sympathy for him, because I don't.  I almost wish I did, but I can't change what I feel or don't feel.  Maybe I would be a better person if I did feel some sympathy for him, but I am what I am. 

I drank some tonight, but not really much to even get a buzz.  Beer still taste like shit to me, although there is a brand I've heard is good that I am going to try soon.  Gentleman Jack and Coke still taste nice.  Straight Jack is still mean.  I had all of those, and more.  If I want to get drunk, I have to make a real effort.  Tonight I didn't. 

It was nice to hang out with all of my friends.  Jason and David came.  Falon and Lance.  John's cousin Samantha.  Logan, his girlfriend Frankie, and others I've mentioned.  It was nice.  I played the rake with the ladies a little bit, just because it's fun.  Other than that, we just sort of relaxed. 

I might go to my grandfather's to eat tomorrow morning.  I'd kind of like to.  The food will be good, and I need to talk to him about that savings bond thing.  I also might go to a gun show this weekend.  I don't have any money, but it could be nice.  I think I might go Saturday, and then go shooting Sunday.  I have not been in a while, and I miss it.

1 comment:

all4eyez said...

Happy Thanksgiving , all day!
LOL

Hope you are having a great day today and I hope you went ahead and went to your grandfathers house for dinner.

Sounds like you had a good time last night and that is good to hear :)
Its nice to visit with all of your friends and have a comfortable , fun time

I hear you about drinking , LOL

I drank a beer last night and I wasnt really interested in drinking any more , but then again , I am not a real big drinker.

Ooh , straight Jack  - ahh , mad & mean , oh man....
Jack & coke - I just cant drink that stuff anymore, lol
:P