Friday, November 11, 2005

Review of "The Devil's Rejects"

This is, I believe, the second film by Rob Zombie.  I could never make it through the first, so we won't go there, but this one I liked. 

The story revolves around a family of serial killers who are being hunted down by an obsessed sheriff.  There is a LOT of blood in this movie.  The family of killers is nuts, but you find yourself (or at least I did) rooting for them in a sick sort of way.  I enjoyed crossing that threshold of wanting the bad guys to get away.

There are some scenes that are creatively lifted from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  I say creatvie, because they were obviously down to remind you of those scenes in a nostalgic kind of way while also playing with them a bit and giving you what you may have really wanted to happen if all you were interested in was blood and guts. 

A very bloody movie, but at the same time very good.  It has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, although all the songs are vintage hits (the movie takes place in the early seventies). 

2 comments:

all4eyez said...

Yes , you are right , this is actually the sequel to Rob Zombie's first grotesque creation - HOUSE OF A 1000 CORPSES.

I really wanted to see this and I tried to rent it last night but it was all out.

Sounds good and probably a better story that HOUSE OF 10000 CORPSES

rampage841512 said...

I liked it, in an odd sort of way.  It was worth renting, at the very least.