Thursday, November 17, 2005

The rest of the day.

Down with the banner ads!!!  Do not patronize the above banner add for the love of God!!

Okay, now that that is out of the way, I thought I'd tell you about the rest of my day.  Stephanie called me about twenty minutes before class started.  I could tell just listening to her voice that she wasn't coming.  She is really sick.  She's got the flu. 

We talked for a few minutes.  She said she really wanted to come but that she was too sick.  She told me she missed me.  I miss her, and I told her so.  She asked me to call her back when I got out of class. 

Class was okay.  We had a big discussion about prostitution.  I think that is what I am going to right my paper about.  Some people in there can't relax and just enjoy the chaos of a discussion class.  I guess that asshole prefers lecture classes.  Fuck him.  I pissed him off. Good. 

I called Stephanie after class, but we only talked for a minute before she asked if she could call me back later.  I thought maybe she had to do something or was in the middle of something.  I hadn't heard from her two hours later so I thought I'd call since she tends to be a little scatter brained.  Turns out she was just trying to rest.  She said she was still planning on calling me, but that she wanted to try and get a little sleep.  I apologized and let her go.  I didn't mean bug her.

I guess I sounded a little aggravated too when I called her.  I didn't mean to.  It's just that when someone I care about is sick I feel so helpless because I can't do anything.  I want them to get better, but there is nothing I can do.  It's frustrating and it gets me a little annoyed.

I just wish there was something I could do.  I wish I could go be with her, and take care of her.  I wish a lot of things.  I don't like feeling helpless.  It's never a good feeling.  I feel the need to do something, to fix what is broken, and yet in situations like this I can't.  It's frustrating to the extreme. 

I made some burritos for dinner.  I just finished eating.  I am going to try and get a couple of hours of sleep before going into work.  I hope Stephanie calls me, but I won't mind if she doesn't.  She needs her rest.  I just wish there was something I could do for her. 

No comments: