Thursday, November 3, 2005

Here we go...

I'm about to go to bed, but before I do I thought I'd share the fact that I've got two of my stories ready to submit for publication.  I'm hoping that one of them might get picked, but considering the market and my experience, it is doubtful.  Still, I've got to try.  And who knows, I might get some helpful tips from the professionals.  Or maybe not.  It doesn't matter.  Even Stephen King racked up a huge stack of rejection slips before he got published.  I've got one so far.  So I've got a ways to go. 

Anyway, the stories are sitting on my table in evelopes with cover letters and SASE included.  It could be two months before I hear anything, although I heard back pretty quickly from Realms of Fantasy (I recently picked up a new issue, and one of the stories is just what I like and try to write, so I'm not giving up there).  But they might not even have read my story.  I was a little rude without realizing it.  I've remedied that though.  So we'll see what happens.  I'm sending the story I call On the Road to Blackgate Press, a magazine which ask for action oriented stories.  I'm sending another, Satisfaction, to Fantasy and Science Fiction.  I don't know what they like.  I've read the magazine, but the stuff seems only to be vaguely fantasy or SciFi for a magazine that calls itself just that.  Hell, I might even send it to Realms again later...lol. 

I'm planning on writing two or three more while these are out.  I don't guarantee anything, but I'm going to try.  I might just write one while in class tomorrow.  I'm thinking of doing one that is magic free fantasy, or one in which the main character/s is/are not magic using.  I also have an idea for another in which wizards are kind of like gunslingers in the Old West, call it The Spellslinger.   

Wish me luck.

No comments: