Sunday, November 20, 2005

Always something...

While I was working last night I pulled my MP3 player out of my pocket to listen to some music.  I turned it on and got the headphones in my ears and started listening as I slid it back into my pocket.  A few minutes later a good song came on and I reached into my pocket to crank up the volume...and I discovered that my volume knob was broken. 

I was, needless to say, very angry.  I said quite a few choice words, and then I tried fixing it myself.  When I finally admitted I wouldn't be fixing it I tried to just listen to it at the one volume.  That lasted about one song.  So no music for the great majority of the night.  It was a good thing I wasn't working alone because my own mind would have driven me nuts.  If I could dictate a novel that way things might be different. 

Since I still had the package it came in and all of the stuff for it I just returned it to WalMart.  It had gone on sale since I bought it, so I was hoping to get a really good deal with my discount.  Unfortunately my discount didn't work, so I only got about six dollars.  But still, that's six dollars and a brand new MP3 player, so I can't really complain.

Not much, anyway.

No comments: