Thursday, October 13, 2005

An interesting day

I spent most of the day at UAB.  And I didn't go to a single class.  My archaeology class was canceled.  I decided to use the time to listen to some music and catch up on some reading for my world history class.  So I read for about an hour until around noon.  Then I decided I had a lot more reading to catch up on and that I would skip class.  I want to finish my reading and an assignment I have due next Tuesday.  I think that will be best for me.

When I started heading over to the next building for my philosophy class, which didn't start for about two hours.  On my way I glanced at my phone and noticed that Heather, a friend from archaeology class that I've mentioned before, had called.  I called her back to see what she had wanted.  I figured it was something about class being canceled and I was right.  She was at her mother's office, I think it was, in UAB's hospital.  She had called to tell me about class, as I'd thought.

Anyway, we talked for a while on the phone, and then we met in the park to hang out until my next class started.  I ended up loosing track of time as we talked and skipped my philosophy class too.  Unfortunately Stephanie had to skip it too, because of some family thing.  So no notes. 

Anyway, Heather and I ended up hanging out until her mom and dad picked her up around six-thirty.  She is a really interesting person.  I've found that she is particularly easy to talk to, which is nice in and of itself.  I actually told her about the whole Stephanie fiasco.  It was kind of weird talking about it, but it was nice to have someone listen.  She seemed to understand how I feel about the whole thing pretty well. 

Anyway, it was a nice day and we spent most of it outside.  I'm really looking forward to the cold weather is coming soon.  I can't wait to get back into my leather jackets and long sleeved shirts.  That will be nice. 

Now, I'm going to take a nap before work.  Hopefully, it will be an easy night.  Hopefully.

No comments: