Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun

Me:  "So, what do you do for fun, besides hanging out in cemeteries at night?"

Brittany:  "Uh, I don't know.  I talk on the phone with my friends.  And I try to go to there houses when I can."

Me:  "The benefits of living in the middle of nowhere, huh?"

Brittany:  "Yeah, I guess."

I finally got a hold of Brittany tonight.  I called once and she wasn't at home, but her dad told me when to call back.  I did, and I talked to her for a few minutes.  She was waiting for her friend to pick her up so they could go to a cemetery to make some film thing for Literature class.  Sounds kind of fun, doesn't it?

Our phone conversations still seem to have a lot of those uncomfortable silences.  That will pass, once we find out what to talk about it.  It's me as much as her.  I get her on the phone and then my mind goes blank, or I start worrying about something instead of just letting things come naturally. 

Anyway, she had to let me go for a few minutes at one point, and then she called me back.  We chatted for a couple of more minutes, and then I guess her friend got there.  She said she'd call me back tonight, or tomorrow night.  I had joked earlier about not talking to someone for six months because they said they would call me back and never had.  It's a funny story, and slightly true.

Now, I just have to get around to asking her on a second date.  I'm liking this Vulcan idea.  It could be fun.  Maybe a picnic?

No comments: