Saturday, September 10, 2005

Four Brothers

I'm about to get some more sleep, but before I did I wanted to write an entry about the movie Four Brothers.  I went and saw it early this afternoon with John.  It was really good.  Basically, a social worker places thousands of kids in good homes.  All her life she only comes across four lost causes.  She adopts and raises them herself. 

Years after they are all grown up, and three of them have moved away, she is murdered in convience store hold-up.  The brothers all come home to bury their mother...and her killers. 

Overall, I give it two thumbs up.  I really liked it.  There was a lot of good fight scenes.  It also has an excellant car chase.  There are some really sad scenes, and some otheres that are kind of uplifting.  You see these four guys (two black, and two white) who are basically working class/criminal types interact together as a real family.  

It was worth the six bucks it cost to go see, and it was nice to go do something besides school or work with a friend.  Me and John talked a little about the whole 'situation' on the way there and before the movie started.  I basically just told him that it's going to take a long time for me to be okay.  A really long time.  I need him to understand that.  And he does.  Better than even I thought.

I have not heard from Stephanie yet, but she did get my message last night.  She didn't have her phone with her, but she checked her messages and got it.  I'll call her agian before work if I don't hear anything from her before then. 

Well, that pretty much sums up my day. 

No comments: