Thursday, September 15, 2005

Chewing gum

This entry really isn't about chewing gum, but that's what I'm doing right now so.... I sitting in the hall outside my first class right now.  I'm not really looking forward to it, but that happens.  It's Intro. to Archaeology and it's no Indiana Jones adventure, believe me.  It would be fun if we actually did something, but for the moment all we've done is look at how archaeologists do things.  It seems like doing a dig would be kind of fun, but learning about the proper method for doing a dig is most certainly not.

My World History class is anything but exciting.  Our teacher is a stuffy academic who probably rehearses all his jokes in the mirror at home before delivering them in class.  And he laughs entirely too much.  He is very excited about history and obviously loves it but he has no talent in passing on that excitement and love to students. 

Race, Class, and Gender has been the most interesting class this semester since it usually dissolves into debates.  And that is just fun, especially considering the touchy subject matter.  I think Stephanie gets frustrated with how stupid some people can be in there.  Me?  I used to get like that.  Now I just add fuel to stupidities fires and sit back to watch the show.  I love to watch.

The nap I took yesterday?  It started about an hour after I wrote that entry and ended a five thirty this morning.  And I still didn't want to get up.  That bed is addictive.  It's just so damn comfortable.  See, it little things like that I want to share with someone else.  I know, it's just a comfortable bed, but it would be nice to have someone to share it with.  I mean, you can have everything nice in the world but if you've got no one to share it with it's meaningless.  That's true of everything.  That's the heart of my anxiety.  If I've got no one to share all the fruits of my accomplishments with, then do they really have any meaning.  They really don't, not to me.  What've I really got in the end?  Answer?  Not a damn thing that matters. 

For instance, I'd be perfectly happy with an uncomfortable bed if I had someone to share it with.  I wouldn't mind not having a big apartment all to myself.  I wouldn't mind sharing that with someone.  AND DON'T TELL ME TO GET A ROOMMATE, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN AND YOU KNOW IT!  Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. 

See, I'm going a little bit crazy.  And I go crazier every day.  Insanity will be an interesting adventrue.  Who wants to come along?

3 comments:

jhileb said...

hey, that's what i studied...anthropology...which as you know, archaeology is a part of anthropology.  found out quickly i couldn't make a living at it, but i still love it.  check out a book called "the dark side of man".  fascinating stuff with the keys and reasoning to all human behavior.  especially what are the root/instinctual causes that lead to murder/rape/stealing/lying/backstabbing and all the other dark sides of our species.  the name of the book says it all.....you won't be able to put it down, at least i couldn't.

j.h.

rampage841512 said...

In the US archaeology is considered a part of anthropology.  In a lot of European universities it is a discipline wihtin itself.  There is a bit of debate about that, but it doesn't matter to me.  My interest is mainly history, but I'd like to see history too so that's why I'm taking archaeology.  

I'll have to check out that book.  Thanks, it sounds really interesting.

jhileb said...

yes, your absolutely correct.  it's just a difference of opinion though.  in reality we're all on the same page of music....just looking at it differently.  good clarification though...thanks for pointing it out.

j.h.