Saturday, August 27, 2005

I don't have much to say

I don't really have much to say.  I've been working and coming home to sleep most of the day.  Although, I do have to admit that I've spent over an hour each morning talking to this girl I work with.  It's kind of natural for me to listen to people and to talk to them.  We don't agree on everything, but we can respectfully disagree. 

People seem to be able to open up to me.  I've always thought it was just certain people who talked, but sometimes it seems like most people just feel willing to talk to me.  I think that's good.  Sometimes people need to talk, and I'm a listener. 

It's nice to be that for someone, to be the listener.  It's not altruistic.  It fulfills a need I have.  That's the need to feel needed.  I've always had it.  I like to be an integral part of things.  That explains so much about me; my protectiveness, my work ethic, the way I care about people, and my willingness to listen to even the most painful stories.  Especially the painful stories.  Those are the ones people need to tell.  Those are the ones they need people to understand.  Because if someone else understands, they don't feel alone anymore.  And who wants to feel alone?

No comments: