Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Closer and Closer

The time for me and Stephanie to have our talk is getting closer and closer.  When she came to class all day she told me that she had been sick all weekend.  She teased me about not calling her, and said that Jeremy called her everyday.  I said I wanted to give her space, like she always seemed to want.  She kind of mumbled that she didn't know what she wanted.

She talked to John, and I don't know what all he told her.  I'm a little nervous, but I know that this has to happen.  Hopefully it will work out.  That's really all I can say at this point.  I don't know what all I'll say, and I don't what Stephanie will think of it all.  But, as someone recently told me, I've got to "go for it."

And I do.  Like I've said, this may be the most important opportunity of my life.  If it is, I can't pass it up.  And if it isn't, ultimately it won't matter.  No, that's a lie.  It will matter to me.  Because this matters to me, if not to anyone else.

Stephanie was actually the one to bring up talking.  She asked me when I wanted to do it.  I told her as soon as possible.  She said her last class ends at 6:45, and I told her to call me after.  If I don't hear from her by 7:00 I'll call her.  And then we'll go from there.

No comments: