Thursday, June 30, 2005

Pissed Off...and other things

Ever make plans to do something with someone and then when the time comes you don't hear from them?  Ever give said person your phone number but neglected to get theirs?  If you answered "Yes," to those two questions then you have an idea of how I feel right now. 

See, I was supposed to bowling with a friend from work, a girl he's dating, and one of her friends.  I figure it will be fun, and since I'll be getting paid double time for the holiday next week it's no problem taking a night off.  So that's what I do.  I call in.  And the fucker never calls me.  Fucking asshole.  I was going to take off anyway, but it would have been nice to know what the fuck was going on.  Dickhead.

Anyway, John and Jennifer came over to watch a movie I bought, Hostage.  It's a pretty good thriller/action movie.  Some of the acting is excellant, and some of it sucks.  I especially liked the cold, calculated young killer names Mars, short for Marshall.  Anyway, it was a good movie, no great, but good.

I think I'm going over to John and Jennifer's for the Fourth.  They are going to grill some burgers and hot dogs and then have a big bottle rocket war.  That will be fun.  And they are doing it kind of early so I can take part.  That's nice of them.  Work had kind of screwed me lately, not that I had much of a life before.

I picked up some extra magazines and ammo for my Mini-14.  I got two blued steel twenty round magazines and this plastic thirty round.  I believe they are all old pre-ban stuff, which is cool.  From an article I read the thirty round is good, and the twenty round mags may have been made by Ruger before 1994's Crime Bill. 

I'm going shooting again this Sunday, I think.  With the holiday and all police patrols will be up and I don't want to get harrassed.  I'm not entirely sure the place I'm shooting at is legal, but I think it is.  I know it's far enough away from house and roads.  And I'm shooting towards a big hill (it's in an old strip pit/quarry).  I'm just not sure if the mining company that owns the land would approve.  'Think' being the key word because I don't know.  It's obvious that a lot of people shoot there, but I don't know for sure.  I'm not shooting my .45 there until I get my permit, and I think I'm going to wait until December for that just to be safe.

I also got stuck with forty rounds of 7.62 X 39 ammo because the idiot at WalMart can't tell the difference between that and .223.  And of course there are no returns on ammo.  I let them know of their mistake anyway.  I've got a friend with an SKS I can sell it to real cheap.  Hell, I might even pick up an SKS.  They're only around $130.  Maybe I'll do that.  I'll have to see.

No comments: