Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Going to the movies

At 12:01 A.M. Thursday morning I am going to see Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.  I can't wait.  It's been soooo long.  It feels like forever.  And now it's finally here.  I'm very excited.

I also read an article about the George Lucas taking jabs at George W. with the movie.  Well, duh!  Do these people now anything about the man behind the myth?  Have they seen the Star Wars movies?  Have they seen THX-1138?

While Lucas said it was done consciously, he's never been a Republican, and I'm sure he has no love for the current administration.  One conservative movie critic actually said, "Star Wars is a kids movie, it's not supposed to be about someone's liberal ideology."  Hello, it's George Lucas's movie, and he can do what he wants with it.  And let's not forget that this has always been the story.  It's not like it wasn't written three fucking years ago. 

Anyway, I see the similarities.  If anything, the fact that our current government has so much in common with the evil Galactic Empire we've known for years should make us reexamine our government.  Maybe, just maybe, we fucked up along the way

No comments: