Thursday, May 19, 2005

Calling In

I had to call in to work tonight.  I didn't want to, but I didn't have much choice.  I went swimming with John and Jennifer this afternoon and while swimming I managed to smash my hand into the wall.  I jammed the index finger on my right hand pretty bad.  It hurts like hell, and there is no way I could do my job worth a damn. 

Now, I'm not one to give into pain, but I tried to make a fist and nearly passed out.  It was that bad.  I've never quite felt pain like that before.  It was not fun.  I took one Alieve a little while ago.  It hasn't really helped.  I'm hoping most of the swelling will go down by tomorrow night.  Whether it has or not I have to go into work.  I can't afford not too.

I kind of feel guilty about not going in tonight, but when your head spins like a tornado and you damn near smash your head into your bathroom floor you learn that everyone has limits.  Going to work would only make my injury worse since it involves a lot of heavy lifting. 

This really pisses me off too.  I don't like feeling that I am in a position of weakness.  It's not very comfortable.  Even typing hurts if I don't do it slowly.  This really sucks.

1 comment:

autumnsavril said...

Ow.

Did you break it, maybe???  I had to go home early from work yesterday because I got caught in one helluva rainstorm and was soaked through walking from my car to the building.

Avril