Friday, March 4, 2005

Work

Work has been great so far.  I love my job.  I'm sure I'm going to get burned out on it eventually, but for now everything is going great.  Almost everyone seems to like working for me and I get compliments for my work every night from my immediate bosses.  It's odd to say, but for the most part it's fun.

I started out Monday night helping out on the juice aisle.  The guy who works it is named Tim.  He has one helper named Dustin.  I worked with them both until lunch time, and then Dustin cut out so Tim was glad to have my help the rest of the night.  Tuesday night I worked the canned good isle with a guy named Jeff.  He didn't have any help that night and canned goods is the hardest aisle.  He said if I could learn it I could learn anything. 

Jeff really appreciated my help.  Twice he made it a point to tell my bosses how good I was doing.  I think I liked working with him the best.  He has a good personality and sense of humor.  It makes the night go by fast.

Wednesday I had the aisle four to myself, which was cool.  It's the coffee, ketchup, pickle, etc. aisle.   I did three quarters of the work on it myself.  I had a guy helping me but he left after two hours.  I got a little help here and there after that.  Last night I worked it again with some guy named Ronnie.  It was not a pleasant experience.  First, he stank when he got to work.  Sweats a lot.  I hope I don't smell that bad.  No one else I've worked with has.  He had almost no personality.  I would have rather done the work alone, but I couldn't have.  Besides which I think it's his aisle. 

I don't know what I'll do tonight.  I do know that I'll avoid Ronnie.  I'm supposed to be rotating through all the aisles, so hopefully I will get on another tonight.

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

Hahahaha, I remember doing *exactly this* when I got my first job.  I absolutely had to tell all about it.  So is this why I haven't seen many entries from you here lately?  I was kinda wondering.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

Yes it is.