Sunday, October 20, 2013

New boomstick!

A few weeks ago I finally got around to buying my first new shotgun. I've had a couple before but they were cheap hand me downs.

Anyway, I was in one of the local outdoor stores looking at subcompact 9mm pistols and I stumbled across a Mossberg 930 JM Pro.  The 'JM' stands for Jerry Miculek. He teamed with Mossberg and the result was one hell of a autoloading shotgun.

So far I am really enjoying it!


I picked up some Hornady Critical Duty 12 gauge '00' buck and it really likes the stuff. Recoil is pleasant, which I expect from an autoloader. I can do head shots with the Hornady easily from distances that you could expect to find in your home.  This thing was put together with 3-gun in mind but I'm more intetested in defensive uses.

I'm thinking of putting a red dot on it, maybe my Lucid HD7 when I upgrade my rifle to an Aimpoint.  Another possibility are the rifle sights you find on some of the 590s.

I also need to add a light. Not sure how I am going to handle that yet.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Surefire for-end... You can't go wrong with them! I've been using one for five years!

Robert McDonald said...

If they made one it would already be on its way. Sadly, they do not.