Friday, July 19, 2013

On The Range #88

I have not done any serious live fire practice in a few weeks so yesterday I made a point of getting outside and running through some drills.  I started with Dot Torture, scoring 47/50 at the three yard line.


After I finished up with Dot Torture I set up to run some El Presidente drills.


I used the white sheets of paper as my target zone but otherwise stayed true to the drill by shooting from concealment at 10 yards and starting with my back to the targets and hands  in the air.

I shot four El Prez's, three clean. Best time was 12.53 with 4 misses.  Next best time was 14.44.  I had all of my first rounds on target in under 3 seconds, but none faster than 2.58. I would like to get that down to between 2 and 2.5 seconds. I'd also like consistently shoot the drill clean in under 13 seconds.

I really enjoyed myself. The weather was surprisingly nice and I had no major flubs.  I need to do this more often.  I also decided I need a range bag. I shoot less than 50 yards from my back door but after my third trip inside to get something I forgot I was getting peeved.  I need something I can leave ready to grab and go.

Today I did a little practical test with my carry ammo and I had some very positive results. I should be putting up something about that soon.

2 comments: