Friday, July 5, 2013

Not so happy Independence Day.

Yesterday was never going to be great since the forecast was for 100% chance of rain all day long.  I decided I was going to make the best of it anyway.  I put a cylinder of 125gr. +P .38 Special through my new revolver to function test it (and just for the fun of it), and my evening plans included Captain Morgan Private Stock and a My Uzi Weighs A Ton cigar.  I was even going to blog about the good times so that I could have some kind of positive post for the 4th.

Then I read this, about government thugs kicking in doors so they can 'borrow' a law abiding citizens house without consent.

And then I went over to Tam's and learned that TJIC was surrounded by MA government thugs, who, on the FUCKING 4TH OF JULY had come to seize his lady's guns.  On Independence Day.

I decided at that point that there was nothing to celebrate.  We live in a police state that far surpasses anything King George ever did, and we are only 'free' in comparison to people whose governments are fucking them even more than ours.  "Better off than that poor sucker over there" is better, but it's not independence and it is not freedom.

So fuck it.  I decided I'd enjoy what I have while I got it.  I shot my ATF approved gun, smoked my ATF approved cigar, and drank my ATF approved booze.

3 comments:

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Found you via MSgtB's place (museshanked). Will be adding you to my reader!

For this Independence Day, I started a new tradition with my kids and grandgirls. We read, aloud, the Declaration of Independence. Then, we talked about how many of the grievances of the Founders are rearing their ugly heads again. That's probably not allowable under the new NSA guidelines but, what the hell, I was asserting my independence.

This comment better fits for the last post but I recently purchased a new gun, too! Nothing terribly exciting but a useful tool. I got a Gamo, Cat series, Hornet (a .177 pellet gun). I put a lot of sweat equity into my garden this year and a sweet, little bunny thinks that he needs to eat my beans and peppers. Channeling Elmer Fudd, I'm going to "kill the wabbit!"

I'll be checking out your archives to see what I've missed. I do have a blog but the content is old (probably not worth your time). I've gone radio silent for a variety of reasons. That may change in September (also for a variety of reasons). If you do trek over there, two of my better posts are "I'm a bad daughter" and "Bitching Until I'm Red, White, and Blue in the Face". Last one is a three part series.

Robert McDonald said...

Thanks and welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere! I'll try to go give your stuff a read and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Old NFO said...

Yeah, not a great Fourth for us... sigh... At least you got the booze and cigar in!!! :-)