Tuesday, June 4, 2013

This and that.

Been busy, as I'm sure is obvious by the lack of blogging.

Work is going great for once.  Just got a huge raise a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking forward to paying of the rest of my debts and (I hope) buying a new vehicle sometime between now and my next birthday.

I've officially created Tumultuous Adventures Preparedness, LLC.  I'm looking forward to teaching my first course in a couple of weeks.  I'm doing a free run for a few friends to get my feet wet and then I'll be setting dates for pay courses.

The Alabama legislature recently passed some nice pro gun legislation.  The Governor has signed it and it will go into effect in September.  The legislation strengthens the state's pre-emption law, shifts Alabama from 'May Issue' to 'Shall Issue,' and legislation that states open carry IS NOT, in and of itself, disturbing the peace.  There was some other stuff too, but it's mostly in regards to making sure 'Shall Issue' is shall issue.  The legislation was not perfect, but it's a good step forward.

I've been getting a lot of reading done.  I've been on Bujold kick.  The next Robert's Picks will be a lot more book heavy than the last.

I attended the Magic City Brewfest last weekend.  I was able to try a lot of really good beer, and had the opportunity to get into the VIP section where they were pairing beers with food.  Definitely worth it!  If you find yourself in Birmingham next May, I highly recommend checking it out.

I guess that's it for now.  I hope to have some more interesting posts in the new future, but no promises.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's great Robert! And good luck with the business!!!

Robert McDonald said...

Thanks!