Saturday, June 22, 2013

On The Range #87: Tumultuous Adventures Preparedness Intro to Handgun

Today I taught my first formal class.  I invited a few friends who had little to no experience with firearms and did a very thorough introduction into the world of handguns with a focus on safety and knowledge.   I covered the Four Rules and why they are so important, went over the different types of handguns and actions, demonstrated function, introduced everyone to grip/stance/trigger control, and dry and live fire. 


I had four students, two married couples.  One of the couples are local photographers (3rd&TwentiethStudios) and they brought their cameras to do a little of their own shooting. 

It was a great time.  I learned some things, figured some things out, and just generally enjoyed the whole process.  It was great introducing some new people to the world of firearms in a safe and fun way.  I can't wait to do it again.  

I got some really good feedback and I'm excited to do more classes in the future. 

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's great, and wishing you the best with the new adventure!!!

Robert McDonald said...

Thanks!

MSgt B said...

Is that a Hoplorati hat?

Robert McDonald said...

I am unfamiliar with the term, MSgt, but it's a camo hat with MOLON LABE patches.